MARGHERITA IN TEGLIA Recipe
This recipe is our own adaptation from The Joy of Cooking book. A create guide, for recipe ideas. I love to use existing recipes as inspiration and then turn them into something specific to my needs.
Once in a while, but not often, I love to make a really great pizza dough from scratch for myself and a loved one. This is a time commitment, so really get into it. Play some good tunes, drinks a lot of wine and get your creative funny bone going! T knows it’s pizza night when I he comes home to the Fine Young Cannibals playing on the ipad and half the wine rack is missing.
The key to a really good pizza is, of course, the crust. This vegan pizza dough recipe is perfect for your next pizza night at home. Make this homemade pizza dough recipe, and finish it with your favorite toppings.
MARGHERITA IN TEGLIACourse: PizzaCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 kg flour 00 Polselli Super
650 mL water
25g extra virgin olive oil
50g Parmigiano Reggiano
10″x10″ square steel pan
- Mix half the 1 kg flour with the water and yeast until creamy. Set aside to rest for about 1 hour. Add the remaining flour and mix it with salt. After the dough comes together, add the 25g oil and mix it until it gets absorbed. Leave it at room temperature for 30 min.
- Shape it into balls of about 250gr and leave it inside the fridge, covered, for about 18 hours.
- Remove from the fridge 6 hours prior to service and leave at room temperature.
- Oil a 10″x10″ steel pan. Set the oven at 450F
- On a flat table with flour, lay down the dough balls. Put abundant flour on top. Lay the dough using only you fingers. Transfer to the pan, by flipping the dough on the other side. Use your fingers to make it adhere to the pan. Top it with seasoned tomato sauce. Put it in the oven for 6min.
- Take the pizza out of the oven. Top it with mozzarella. Cook it for another 6min. When the pizza is ready, top it with Parmigiano Reggiano and basil.
- Enjoy your Margherita al taglio.